Entry Process Overview
Check out our NEW streamlined EASIER-THAN-EVER Awards process!
- To ensure your application is eligible for entry, you MUST address the core criteria (questions 1 to 5). Entrants are required to submit one entry only to be eligible for all applicable categories. Then; simply nominate the categories you are eligible to enter. Please note that the judging panel may decide to add your entry into additional categories for consideration.
- Write a brief description of your business and how it operates (up to 250 words). Presume the Judges don’t know anything about your business, so you need to explain it as you would to a stranger.
- It is important that your entry addresses the criteria. Do not go into detail. Highlight your top three to six strengths in dot point form, ‘what you do’, ‘how you do it’ and the ‘resulting benefits’ for each criterion. Absolute maximum of 2000 words INCLUDING the 250 word summary of your business operations mentioned in dot point 2.
- Entries must not exceed 2000 words – Businesses that exceed the word limit will be ineligible to win an award. You will have adequate time during the Judges' visit (one hour) to emphasise and expand on your excellence in business processes.
- The description “business, franchise or organisation” applies to either a private and/or commercial business or department and to a part or fully funded government organisation or department including training/educational organisations.
- Minimum font size for main text to be 12 pt.
- Entries must be 100% uploaded to the awards website by 4.00pm, Monday 22 May 2017. You are also required to provide three (3) hard copies of your submission (including one original) to The Geelong Chamber of Commerce, Suite 13, Level 2, 10 Moorabool Street, Geelong, 3220 by 4.00pm Monday 22 May 2017.
- Finalists will not be announced prior to the Awards’ Presentation Function to be held Thursday 17 August 2017.
- Entrants agree to allow use of their entry information for publicity purposes and agree to being contacted by media outlets at the conclusion of the Awards process. If there is sensitive information please make sure you advise the Awards’ Manager, Kelli Finlayson.